Humanitree Girls Win the Football League!
T'Shan Chamberlain

Humanitree 2007 girls' football team which has girls from Hive 1,2,3,4 and Flight One had an outstanding first semester they went the whole season without losing a game and continued their fine form in the playoffs winning the semi-final game against IMA 7-0. The final was played in the Estadio Azul and the Humanitree girls faced Alexander Bain. The last time the two teams met the game finished 3-2 with Humanitree coming back from 2-0 down. Humanitree started the final well with a nice passage of play from the girls ending with Marina hitting the post. It was Maria Paula who put the girls in the lead Eugenia passed the ball from the right to Maria P who slotted it into the bottom corner. Moments later Maria Paula doubled the girl's lead with a tap in from close range. Alexa made a fantastic save right on the halftime stopping the ball going into the top corner. In the second half, Humanitre started well again with Alejandra Roel scoring after a fantastic run with the ball 3-0 Humanitree. Alexander Bain pulled one back a freekick which went into the bottom left corner 3-1. This did not phase the Humanitree girls as they scored again straight after they conceded, it was a corner kick from Sofia Fernadez which took a deflection and went into the top corner 4-1. Alexander Bain had the last kick of the game which was another free kick that went in and the final score was 4-2. This was an outstanding achievement for the Humanitree girl's team who are by far the youngest team in the total base soccer league 2006/07 feminal. 

The 2006 boys football team, made up of flight 1, 2 & 3 students had a great football season to begin the school year. They managed to finish third in the league, playing the best football out of all the teams, and making the semi-finals. They beat Institute Miguel Angel 3-0 in the semi-final, outplaying the opponents for the whole match and making the final at Estadio Azul. 

In the final they played Alexander Bain, who finished top of the league table, winning every game. The team had high hopes, having played Alexander Bain at the beginning of the season, they had improved and learned how to play 7 aside football a lot better. However, the game didn't start very well, with some poor defending from a corner allowing the opposition to go 1-0 up. We responded very well and managed to equalize when Miguel got in down the left side and put a perfect left-footed cross into Emilio to finish at the back post. We got into half-time at 1-1, with a positive message that we ended up the better team and that the trophy was there for them. Unfortunately, the team didn't take the great end to the first half into the second half. We were second best throughout the second half and ended up losing 4-1, with Alexander Bain scoring a couple of goals on the counterattack as the team tried to attack to get back into the game.

The team should be proud to have gotten to the final and represented the school in a big stadium. They are keen to get their revenge and win the league between February and June.